Pork tenderloin with apple butter and Dijon mustard
Preparation : 15-20 minutes
Portions : 3
Cooking : 60 minutes
- 1 tenderloin (normal portion of 500 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of olive oil or canola
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of butter
- 2-3 shallots in slices
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of apple butter
- Mushrooms cut to the taste
- 2/3 cup (180 ml) of country cream 35 %
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Dijon mustard
- Salt-and-pepper to the taste or maple pepper from les Vergers Franklin
- Preheat the oven in 135° C (275° F).
- Seize the meat (without pricking it) in the oil and the butter approximately 1 minute on each side.
- Pour)the apple juice into a pyrex dish made for the oven. Place the tenderloin and coat with apple butter.
- Cook without cover approximately 1 hour. The meat will be slightly pinkish at the end of the cooking.
- In a frying pan, over a low heat, cook the shallots and mushrooms in the oil.
- Increase the fire and deglaze with a cup of apple juice. Let reduce during approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the Dijon mustard, the salt and the pepper (or the maple pepper) and thecountry cream.
- Cut the tenderloin in slices and have in 2 or 3 plates. Coat with sauce and serve.
Suggestion for side vegetables
Little potatoes with parsley butter
- Steam potatoes(do not cook too much).
- Drain. Dry in a frying pan with some butter.
- Coat with fresh parsley and serve.