Preparation : 20 minutes
Portions : 6
Cooking : 15 minutes
- 1 kg (2,2 lbs) of apples
- 1/2 cup of water or natural apple juice
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar or granular maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg
- On average-lively fire boil the water in a cauldron which can contain all the ingredients.
- Peel, wash and cut apple in wedges.
- Plunge apples into the apple juice during 12 minutes covered. Do not stire.
- Après 12 minutes, ajouter le sucre et la vanille.
- Stire to dissolve the sugar then take immediately away from the fire.
- Poor into sterilized jars.
Apples suggested for these recipe are: Mc Intosh, Cortland.