Blueberry muffins with sugar or Splenda
Preparation : 10-15 minutes
Portions : 12
Cooking : 18-20 minutes
- 1 big egg
- 3 tbsp (45 ml ) of canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of granular Splenda
- 8 oz ( 226 g) of vanilla yogurt
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) of milk 1 %
- 2 cups (500 ml) of custom flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of dough powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of sodium bicarbonate
- 1 cup (250 ml) of fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) of sugar to be sprinkled (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 375° F (190° C) and vaporize the muffin tin with a cooking spray .
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Add Splenda, yogurt and milk. Whip until smooth consistency.
- In a big bowl combine the flour, the dough powder and thesodium bicarbonate. Stire. Incorporate blueberries and lemon peel.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the liquid there. Brew with a spatula or a spoon to wet all the ingredients.
- Fill in 2/3 the muffin tin. Sprinkle with a little sugar (optional).
- Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins take back their initial shape after a light push with the finger.
- Let cool 5 minutes before pourring out of the tin and place on a railing.
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Proteins: 4 g
Fat: 4.5 g (0.5 g saturated)
Fibers: 0.5 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Value of choice for the diabetes:
1 1/2 choice of carbohydrate,
1/2 choice of fat.
Points ww = 3 points
* We can replace Splenda by some sugar but nutritional values will be different.