Beer and maple syrup ham
Preparation : 10 minutes
Portions : 4
Cooking : 3 hours
- 1 ham with bone and rind approximately 6 lbs / 2.5 kg (buttock)
- 2 beer bottles
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- Natural apple juice or water
- 1 tbsp (45 ml) of powder mustard or prepared mustard
- A little grated nutmeg (approximately 1/8 teaspoon)
- Crushed pepper
- Place the ham In a big pan. Add the beer, the maple syrup, the apple juice or the water so that the ham is in 2/3 in the liquid.
- Add a little grated nutmeg in the liquid.
- Add the mustard on the ham.
- Bring to a boil on average-lively fire, reduce to low heat and let simmer approximately 3 hours. Flip the ham after 1 1/2 hour of cooking.
- Let the ham cool down in its cooking water before serving.
- Remove the rind and keep warm.
For the sauce
Reduce the liquid to the third, add the crushed pepper depending on your taste and serve with the ham.