Maple "creme brulee"
Preparation : 10 minutes
Portions : 4-6
Cooking : 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup of milk 3.25 %
- 1 1/2 cups of cream 35%
- 1 teasepoon of vanilla essence or vanilla pod
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of fine maple sugar
- Preheat the oven in 275° F.
- In a pan, warm the milk and the cream with the vanilla pod cut in two without boiling during 5 minutes.
- Scratch the grains of vanilla (or the vanilla essence) and mix in the milk. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks, egg and maple sugar (1/2 cup) with the electric mixer until the mixture goes pale.
- Incorporate the milk and hot cream preparation and mix slowly.
- Pour the preparation into four small dishes to brown (or six ramekins).
- Bake in the bain-marie for 1heure approximately or until the cream is taken well. Let cool.
- When serving, sprinkle with maple sugar (1/4 cup) and caramelize in the oven in the "Grill" position.
- Serve with fresh fruits.