Apple omelet souffle with maple syrup
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 5 minutes
- 2 apples peeled in small cubes
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) of butter or margarine
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of granular maple sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- Maple syrup
- In a casserole cook the cubes of apples in half of the butter during 1 minute over a brisk heat.
- Add the stick of cinnamon and cook 35 seconds. Put aside.
- Mount the egg whites with the sugar. With a spatula incorporate egg yolks slowly.
- Over medium heat, in an antiadhesive casserole, cook the omelet approximately 1 minute in the rest of the butter.
- Add apples without the stick of cinnamon and continue the oven cooking in 400° F (200° C) during 3 minutes.
- Pour maple syrup, serve and taste.